Protection of Your Privacy
Your choice to do business with us is an important decision. We take our obligation to keep information about you and your accounts secure and confidential very seriously. This notice provides detail about the information we collect and disclose, and explains how we handle privacy as it relates to your accounts.
Accuracy of Information
Every effort is made to ensure that our records of your information are complete and correct. If an error is noted on your statement, or in any other communication from us, please contact us at the number listed on your account materials as soon as possible.
The Collection and Use of Information
We need to collect information about you to conduct our business relationship. However in order to protect your information, we maintain and enforce strict security procedures.
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- *Information we received from you on applications or other forms
- *Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others
- *Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency
We collect only the information necessary to deliver quality products and services to our members. Only authorized and trained employees have access to member information. We also are continually assessing new technology as it becomes available in order to continue to best protect your privacy.
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about you to non affiliated third parties, except as permitted by law.
We may disclose the following information to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements:
- *Information we receive from you on application or other forms, such as your name, address, and social security number
- *Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others, such as your account balance, credit card usage, and payment history
- *Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as your creditworthiness and credit history
We may disclose all of the above information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
Sharing of Information Within the Credit Union
We restrict access to your personal and account information to those employees who need to know that information to provide products and services to you.
Under certain circumstances, member information may be revealed to other departments within our credit union in order to market additional products and to ensure we are considering your entire relationship with us when making decisions about your products (e.g., offering you new loan products). We might also share information with these departments in order to provide services necessary to maintain your accounts (such as data processing). The types of information include information about your identity, information about your transaction history with the credit union, information about your current financial condition (such as details about your income and assets), and information obtained from a credit report or other sources outside of the credit union.
If you decide to terminate your membership or become an inactive member, we will adhere to the privacy policies and practices as described in this notice.
Sharing of Information
As permitted by law, we may share information about your identity (such as name, social security number, driver's license number), transactions with our credit union (such as account numbers, repayment history), your application (such as income and/or asset information), and credit report or other similar information (such as information about your credit history).
Situations where this type of sharing would be appropriate could include:
- *When we contract with third parties to help deliver our services to you
- *Involvement in programs for business, involving employers of cardholders for travel, purchasing, etc.
- *When credit bureaus or others, as appropriate, in the course of customary business practices, ask for credit references
- *As required by law, in the instance of lien recordings, a sale or merger of part of our business
Confidentiality of Member Information in Other Circumstances
When we share information with such affiliated third parties, we hold all such parties to the same or higher standards as we do ourselves with respect to privacy of your information. As an added safeguard, we also require them to allow us to audit them for compliance in this regard.
Our Web Site
When you visit our Web site at www.Chemcofcu.com, we want you to feel secure that we are respecting your privacy. The only private information we have about you is the information you choose to give us (such as providing feedback or completing a form). We do not release that information to others without notifying you on the form and getting your consent.
We may use “cookies” on some pages of our Web site for the purpose of serving you better when you return to that site. A cookie is a small element of data that a Web site can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your system. Data collected from cookies help us determine how many people visit certain pages, ultimately enabling us to improve our site design and content. If you prefer, your Web browser can be set to provide you a notice before you accept a cookie.
Each member that has requested Net Branch with our credit union has been provided an authorized access code, password, personal identification number, and assigned communication telephone number. We use these combined security controls and special communication lines to not only protect our e-banking users, but also limit the risk to unauthorized data access or security problems. If someone wants to use this service, he or she must submit an application (please e-mail us your request) and be notified of approved authorization and security codes.
When you send us an e-mail that is general in nature and we respond, these are generally not secure. A secure (encrypted) e-mail form is available as appropriate for e-mails that contain personal information that should remain secure.
Protecting the privacy of our children is essential. For that reason, our Web site is not structured to attract children under the age of 13. Parental consent is required for children under 13 to provide personally identifiable information via our Web site.
How to Contact Us
- *Calling our Member Data Privacy Control Desk at (502)772-5780 or 1-888-785-1890 or at the Bardstown location at (502)348-8130
- *Contacting us in person by stopping at one of our offices and speaking to our Member Services staff
- *Writing us at:
- Chemco Federal Credit Union
Member Data Privacy Control Desk
4200 Bells Lane
Louisville, KY 40211
- Chemco Federal Credit Union
- *E-Mail us at email@example.com directed to our Member Data Privacy Control Desk
- Please include the name, address, social security number, and account numbers of all affected accounts with us.